3.2 Text Questions :
Answer the following questions :
1. Who were the allies in the 1st World War?
Ans: The allies in the 1st World War were Britain, France and Russia.
2. Who were the central powers in the 1st World War?
Ans: The central powers in the 1st World War were Germany, Austria and Turkey.
3. Which country helped Germany to fight the allies?
Ans: The country that helped Germany to fight the allies was Austria .
4. Which country helped the allies to defeat Germany?
Ans: The country that helped the allies to defeat Germany was U.S.A .
5. In Which year the World War begin and ended?
Ans: The World War began and ended in the 1914 – 1918 .
6. What is German Parliament called?
Ans: German Parliament is called Reichstag’s .
7. Name the treaty that humiliated Germany?
Ans: The treaty that humiliated Germany was the peace treaty or Versailles.
8. Why did the allied powers demilitarized Germany?
Ans: The allied powers demilitarized Germany to weaken its power.
9. Name the resources rich place in Germany?
Ans: The resources rich places in Germany are Rhineland and France .
10. Which government accepted the treaty of Versailles?
Ans: Weimar republic accepted the treaty of Versailles.
11. Why did France occupy Germany’s leading industrial are Ruhr?
Ans: France occupy Germany’s leading industrial because to claim their coal Germany refused to pay the war compensation.
12. When and where did Hitler born?
Ans: Hitler was born in Austria in the year 1889 .
13. What was the symbol of Nazism?
Ans: The symbol of Nazism was the red barriers with Swastika.
14. When did Nazism became a mass movement?
Ans: Nazism became a mass movement during the Great depression – 1930 .
15. Name the party started by Hitler?
Ans: The party started by Hitler was Nazi .
16. What did the Hitler do after acquiring power?
Ans: After acquiring power Hitler set out to dismantle the structure of democratic rule of Germany.
17. What was the fire decree of 28th February 1933 passed?
Ans: The fire decree of 28th February 1933 passed was that it suspended the civic rights like freedom of speech, press and assembly.
18. Why was the enabling act passed on 3rd March 1933?
Ans: The enabling act passed on 3rd March 1933 was to establish dictatorship in Germany.
19. What was the enabling act of 1933?
i) All political parties and trade unions were banned except for the Nazi party and its affiliates.
ii) They established control over the economy, media, army.
20. Who were Hitler arch enemies?
Ans: Hitler arch enemies were the Communist and Jews.
21. Who were the Gestapo?
Ans: The Gestapo were the secret state police.
22. Under which slogan did Hitler integrate Austria and Germany.
Ans: The slogan Hitler integrated Austria and Germany was one people, one empire and one leader.
23. Name the US base in the Pacific Ocean?
Ans: The US base in the Pacific Ocean is the Peast Harbour .
24. By whom was Peast Habour bombed?
Ans: Peast Habour was bombed by Japan .
25. Which two Japanese cities were bombed by USA?
Ans: The two Japanese cities that were bombed by USA are Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
26. Who remained the worst sufferer in Nazi Germany?
Ans: Jews remained the worst sufferer in Nazi Germany.
27. What were children taught in Nazi schools?
Ans: Children were taught in Nazi schools to be loyal and submissive, hate Jews and worship Hitler.
28. What were mass killings termed as?
Ans: Mass killings are termed as‘Special Treatment’.
29. What are final solutions?
Ans: Killing of the Jews is the final solution.
30. What was gas chambers called?
Ans: Gas chambers are called Dis injection areas.
31. How did Nazi ideas spread?
Ans: Nazi ideas spread through visual images, films, radio, posters, catchy slogans and leaflets.
32. How did the treaty of Versailles humiliate Germany?
i) Germany lost its overseas colonies.
ii) The allied powers demilitarized Germany to weaker its power.
33. How did the 1st World War leave a deep imprint on the European society?
i) Soldiers came to be placed above civilians.
ii) The media glorified trench life.
34. How was Germany hit by the economic crises?
i) Workers lost their jobs or were paid reduced wages.
ii) The number of unemployment touched on unprecedented 6 million.
35. What was the Hitler’s role in the First World War?
i) He enrolled for the army acted as the messenger in the front.
ii) He became corporal and earned medals for bravery.
36. Why was Hitler arrested in 1923?
i) He planned to seize control of Bravaria, March to Berlin and captured powers.
ii) He failed, and was arrested tried for prison and later released.
37. What was Hitler new style of politics?
i) Nazi’s held massive rallies and public meetings.
ii) This demonstrated the support for Hitler and instilled a sense of unity among the people.
38. Why did the people imagine Hitler as a Saviour?
i) Their sense of dignity and pride had been shattered.
ii) Hitler promised to help them in a time of acute economic crises.
39. Hitler chose war as a way out of the economic crises. Explain.
i) Resources were to be accumulated through expansion of territory.
ii) In September 1939, Germany involved Poland.
40. Hitler Moved to achieve his long term aim of conquering Eastern Europe? Explain.
i) He wanted to ensure food supplies.
ii) He also wanted living spaces for Germans.
41. Good Germans were children were given Nazi’s schooling. Why?
i) In order to teach them to be loyal and submissive.
ii) To hate Jews people and to worship Hitler.
42. At 14 all boys had to join the Nazi Youth organization. Why?
i) They learned to worship war, glorify aggression and violence.
ii) Condemn democracy and hate Jews and all those categorized an undesirable.
43. Not every German was a Nazi. Explain.
i) Many organised active resistance to Nazism.
ii) They faced police repression and death.
44. The treaty of Versailles humiliated Germany. Explain.
i) Germany lost its overseas colonies.
ii) The allied powers demilitarized Germany to weaken its powers.
iii) The war guilt held Germany responsible for war.
iv) Germany was forced to pay compensation.
v) Allied armies occupied resource – rich Rhineland.
45. What did Hitler promised to the people after coming to power?
i) To build a strong nation.
ii) To undo the injustice of the Versailles treaty.
iii) To restore the dignity of German people.
iv) He promised employed and secure the future of the youth.
46. Hitler acquired success in foreign policy. Explain.
i) He pulled Germany out of the nations in 1933.
ii) Hitler reoccupied the Rhineland in 1936.
iii) He inter graded Austria and Germany in 1938.
iv) He then went on to rest Germany speaking Sudan ten land from Czechoslovakia.