3.5 Multiple choice questions :
1. India became independent on _______.
(a) 19th December 1961 (b) 15th August 1947
(c) 26th January 1950 (d) 26th November 1986
2. Under colonial rule, the people had lived in fear of the __________ government.
(a) British (b) Portuguese (c) U.S.A (d) U.K.
3. The country is divided into numerous __________ .
(a) Constituencies (b) District (c) States (d) Talukas
4. Each of these constituencies elects one person to the __________.
(a) Parliament (b) Rajya sabha (c) Lok sabha (d) Legislative council
5. The term of the Lok Sabha is __________.
(a) Five years (b) Six years (c) Seven years (d) Four years
6. The candidates who contest elections usually belong to different __________.
(a) Economic parties (b) Social parties (c) Political parties (d) Official parties
7. How many elected MP’s are there in the Lok Sabha at present ____________.
(a) 540 (b) 543 (c) 542 (d) 545
8. Representative democracy cannot produce a perfect reflection of __________.
(a) Group (b) Society (c) Family (d) Friends
9. The Parliament’s approval in finance is crucial for the ____________.
(a) People (b) Government (c) MP’s (d) President
10. There are 233 elected members in the ____________.
(a) Lok sabha (b) Rajya sabha (c) Legislative council (d) Parliament
11. The members of the Rajya sabha are elected members of ____________.
(a) Legislative Assemblies (b) Lok sabha (c) Parliament (d) Rajya sabha
12. Twelve members are nominated to the Rajya sabha by the ____________.
(a) Prime minister (b) President (c) Governor (d) Vice president
13. The leader of the ruling party in the Lok Sabha is ____________.
(a) President (b) Vice president (c) Prime minister (d) Governor
14. One of the most important function of the Lok Sabha is to ____________.
(a) Censure MP’s (b) Amend laws (c) Make laws (d) Implement
15. Which one of the following represents the state of India in the parliament ____________.
(a) Lok sabha (b) Legislative assembly (c) Rajya sabha (d) Parliament
1. (b) 2. (a) 3. (a) 4. (a) 5. (a) 6. (c) 7. (b) 8. (b) 9. (b) 10. (b)
11.(a) 12.(b) 13.(c) 14.(c) 15.(c) .