6.1 Meanings /Short definitions :
1. Population –The number of people living in a particular area.
2. Population Change – The change in population over a certain length of time.
3. Birth rate – It is a statistics that measures the number of live births per 1000 people.
4. Death rate – It is a statistics that measures the number of deaths per 1000 people.
5. Migration – Refers to the movement of people from one place to another.
6. Natural death rate – Difference between the birth and death rate.
7. Population Pyramid – Pyramid is pictorial way to describe the population composition.
8. Emigrants – People leaving a country. This phenomena is called Emigration.
9. Immigrants – People arriving in a country. This phenomena is called Immigration.