6.3 Additional Questions :
1. What is population study known as .
Ans: The population study is known as demography.
2. Why population studies are essential for the government.
Ans: Population studies are essential for the government to plan areas such as health, education, housing, social security employment and environment.
3. Why is population growth slowing in UK .
Ans: Population growth slowing in UK because of both low birth and low death rates.
4. In what respect human beings differ.
Ans: Human beings differ from each other age, sex, education, culture, physical and mental health etc.
5. What are different characteristics of population composition.
Ans: Population is usually formulated for the following:
i) Population composition of age and sex .
ii) Population of primary school age children going to school.
iii) Population composition of primary school age children not going to school.
iv) Population composition of occupation.
6. What are human resources.
Ans: Human beings who are healthy, educated and mentally strong can prove to be useful for the country and are treated as resource themselves, called human resource
7. What are patterns of population distribution.
Ans: The way in which people are spread across the earth’s surface is known as the pattern of population distribution.
8. What is population density.
Ans: Population density is the number of people living in a unit area of the earth’s surface.
9. What is life expectancy.
Ans: Life expectancy is the number of years that an average person can expect to live calculated according to existing data for the particular regions.
10. What is the average density of population in India.
Ans: The average density of population in India is 324 people per sq. km
Fill in the Blanks :
1. The most populated continent is _________.
2. The least number of people live in _________ continent.
3. According to the population _________ is India’s rank in the world.
4. __________ is considered to be the ultimate resource.
5. Birth rate and death rate are usually expressed in terms of per ________ people.
6. The age group 0-15 comes under the economically __________ group.
7. The world population reached a billion in the year _______.
1. Asia 2. Antarctica 3. 2nd
4.Human resource 5. 1000 6. Dependent 7. 1820 .