Answer the following questions :
1. How are plants classified.
Ans: Based on the characters plants can be classified into there categories. They are herbs, shrubs and trees.
2. What are Herbs. Give 2 Examples.
Ans: Plants with green and tender stems are called herbs. They are usually short and may not have many branches. Example: Mint, and Basil
3. What are Shrubs. Give 2 Examples.
Ans: Some plants have the stem branching out near the base. The stem is hard but not very thick. Such plants are called shrubs. Example: Lemon and Rose.
4. What are Creepers. Give 2 Examples.
Ans: Plants with weak stems that cannot stand upright and spread on the ground are called creepers. Example: Money plants and peas.
5. What are Climbers. Give 2 Examples.
Ans: plants that take support on neighbouring structures and climb up are called climbers. Example: Grape vine and bitter gourd.
6. How do the stems and leaves get the water.
Ans: The stem and leaves get the water from roots.
7. What are the different kind of roots.
Ans: Different kinds of roots are :
a) Taproots b) Fibrous roots
8. Name the types of roots and types of leaf venetion for the given plant.
|Sr. no||Name of the plants||Types of leaf venetion||Type of roots|
|Sr no||Name of the plants||Types of leaf venetion||Type of roots|
|2||Rice||Parallel venetion||Fibrous root|
9. Write the correct answers :
1. Some plants are very tall and have hard and thick brown stem. Such plant are called ________ .
a) Shrubs b) climber c) Tree d) Herbs
2. The part of leaf attached to the stem is called __________ .
a) Lamina b) Petiole c) Veins d) Midrib
3. The design made by veins in a leaf is called the leaf ________ .
a) Midrib b) Venetion c) Lamina d) Petiole
4. Water comes out of leaves in form of vapour by the process called ________ .
a) Respiration b) Precipitation c) Evaporation d) Transpiration
5. During the process of Photosynthesis ____________is given out.
a) Oxygen b) Carbondioxide c) Nitrogen d) Hydrogen
6. The smaller root of the main root is called __________ .
a) Taproot b) Lateral root c) Fibrous root d) None
7. The Prominent parts of the open flower are ___________ .
a) Sepals b) Buds c) Petals d) Pistil
8. The food prepared in leaves travels through the _________, stored in different parts of a plant.
a) Stem b) Leaves c) Root d) Branches
9. The inner most part of a flower is called ___________ .
a) Ovary b) Stamens c) Anther d) Pistil
10. ___________ is the part of a flower.
a) Petiole b) Veins c) Anchor d) Anther
1. Tree 2. Petiole 3. Venetion 4. Transpiration 5. Oxygen
6. Lateral root 7. Petals 8. Stem 9. Pistil 10. Anther .