- What is the poem ‘vocation’ about?
Ans : The poem ‘vocation’ is about how a child gets attracted to the ways of people around him and finds different curiosities in their lives.He is not aware of their hardships . This shows his innocence.
- Whom does he see at ten while going to school and what is he doing?
Ans : He sees the vendor crying bangles, bangles. And he wishes that he could be like him moving freely .
- While returning home from school whom does he see?
Ans : While returning home from school he sees the gardener digging the ground . The child wants to be like him so that he too could play in the dust.
- When does he see the gatekeeper?
Ans : He sees the gatekeeper at night when his mother sends him to bed. He wishes to be a gatekeeper so that he could move here and there in the streets at night freely.
- Why does the child want to be like a vendor, gardener and a gatekeeper?
Ans : The child wants to be like a vendor, gardener and a gatekeeper so that he could do all the things they did as being a child he is unable to do all that.