I. Fill in the blanks:
1. Goa can be located between 73 E and 74 E .
2. The taluka of Salcete has the highest population.
3. People from Goa are called Goans .
4. The official language of Goa is Konkani.
5. The lowlands have beautiful springs with medicinal waters.
6. Most Goans live in the coastal plains.
II. Answer the following questions:
1. Name the tribal people of Goa.
Ans: The tribal people of Goa are Kunbis, Gawdas, Velips, and Dhangars.
2. Into how many districts is Goa divided.
Ans: Goa is divided into two districts. South Goa and North Goa
3. Name the three natural divisions of Goa.
Ans: The three natural divisions of Goa are the lowlands , the plateau region and the mountain region.
4. Name the neighbouring states of Goa.
Ans: The neighbouring states of Goa are Maharashtra and Karnataka.
5. Name the district and taluka in which your school is situated. ( To be done by students )
Ans: District — Taluka —–
6. Give the names of any two peaks found in Sattari taluka.
Ans: The names of any two peaks found in Sattari taluka are Sonsogad and Vagueri.
III. Choose the correct alternative and rewrite the sentence:
1. The Chandranath peak is in the taluka of Quepem/Ponda.
2. The slope of the land in Goa is from West to east / East to west.
3. Dudhasagar is in the taluka of Canacona/Sanguem .
4. The plateaus are tablelands / lowland.
1. The Chandranath peak is in the taluka of Quepem.
2. The slope of the land in Goa is from West to eat.
3. Dudhasagar is in the taluka of Sanguem .
4. The plateaus are tablelands.
IV. Say whether the following are True or False:
i) A group of villages forms a district. False .
ii) Goa has eleven talukas. False.
iii) Mormugao is the largest taluka of Goa. False.
iv) The capital city of Goa is Panaji. True .
v) Goa touches the state of Karnataka to the north. False .
V. What are the following:
[Jamba, Headlands, Ghats]
i) Jamba is laterite stone.
ii) Headlands are parts of the plateau.
iii) Ghats are gaps in the mountains.
VI. Look at the political map of Goa and answer the following:
VII. Name the headquarters of each talukas :
VIII. Find out the names of rivers from North to South of Goa:
-From north to south of Goa the rivers are Terekhol, Chapora,Mandovi, Zuari, Sal, Saleri, Talpona, Loliem and Galgibag.