Questions and answers.
- How did the two baby birds get separated.
Ans: The storm hit the tree where the birds lived. The mother bird died. Luckily , the strong wind blew the baby birds away to the other side of the forest. One baby bird came down near a cave and the other landed outside a rishi’s ashram.
- Where did each of them find a home.
Ans: One baby bird found a cave where the robbers lived and the other baby bird landed outside a rishi’s ashram where he stayed.
- What did the first bird say to the stranger.
Ans: The first bird told the stranger that there is someone under the tree and to come fast and take his jewels and his horse or he may slip away.
- How did the second bird say to him.
Ans: The second bird welcomed him and told him to go inside and rest. The rishi will come back soon and to make himself comfortable.
- How did the rishi explain the different ways in which the birds behaved.
Ans: The rishi explained that the first bird had heard always the talk of robbers, he imitates them and talks about robbing them. The second bird repeated what he has always heard. He welcomes people.
6. Which one of the following sums up the story best.
A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.
One is known by the company he keeps.
A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Answer :- ii) One is known by the company he keeps.
- How did the king lose his way.
Ans: The king while hunting saw a deer and ran after it. It ran deep into the forest followed by the king. So he lost his way.
- Where did the king take rest.
Ans: The king rested under a tree that stood near a cave.
- How did the rishi welcome the king.
Ans: The rishi told the king to come inside and make himself at home by taking complete rest and sharing the rishi’s food.