Trapped — caught and cannot escape.
Struggled — tried to get free.
Q1. Where did the geese live ?
Ans. The geese lived in the tall tree with its leafy branches spread out.
Q 2. Why did the old bird advise the other birds to destroy the creeper ?
Ans. The old bird advised the other birds to destroy the creeper as it will grow up the tree and become strong for the hunter to climb up and kill them.
Q 3. Why did the geese cry for “ Help! Help” ?
Ans. The geese cried ,“ Help! Help” as they were caught in the hunters net.
Q 4. What did the hunter do when he thought that the geese were dead ?
Ans. The hunter threw the geese one by one out of the nest.
Q 5. Why did the geese pretend to be dead ?
Ans. The geese pretended to be dead as the hunter would not harm dead birds.
Q 6. Describe one incident when you got into trouble because you did not do your work on time.
Ans. The teacher had given homework and I had not completed it. The next day I was punished by the teacher for not doing my homework on time.
State whether the following are True or False:-
- The tree was the house of a flock of parrots. False.
- The wise old bird wanted the creeper to be destroyed. True.
- The hunter climbed the tree with the help of a ladder. False.
- When caught in the net the foolish birds began to cry. True
- The wise old bird helped them to escape. True.