Answer the following questions :
(1) Where did the early people live.
Ans : Some of the earliest people lived near the banks of river Narmada.They were food gatherers, they hunted animals.
(2) What is the importance of history.
Ans : The importance of history :
(1) It helps us in knowing about the past, kingdoms and the people.
(2) It tells us about the great achievements of our ancestors.
(3) It tells us about the way people lived, their houses, food and clothes they wore.
(3) Where are the Sulaiman and Kirthar hills located.
Ans : The Sulaiman and Kirthar hills are located in the present day Pakistan.
(4) When were the first crops grown.
Ans : The first crops were grown about 8000 years ago.
(5) Which were the two crops grown about 8000 years ago.
Ans: Wheat and Barley were the two crops grown about 8000 years ago.
(6) What did the people of Sulaiman and Kirthar hills reared.
Ans : The people of the Sulaiman and Kirthar hills hills reared animals like sheep, goat and cattle.
(7) Where are the Garo hills located.
Ans : The Garo hills are in the north east of India.
(8) From where does the word India came from.
Ans : The word India comes from the Indus, called Sindhu in Sanskrit.
(9) What do religious teachers do in the past.
Ans : Religious teachers walked from village to village, town to town, stopping to offer instruction and advice on the way.
(10) Who are the archaeologists? What they do.
Ans : Archaeologists are the people who study object made and used in the past.They explore and excavate (dig) to find old object, bones of living being ,animals, birds to find out what they ate.
Define the followings :
(1) Gatherers – Gatherers are the people who gathered their food.
(2) Manuscripts – Manuscripts are the books that were written long ago by hand on palm leaf or barks of trees known as birch.
(3) Inscriptions – These are writings on relatively hard surface such as stone or metal.
(4) Excavation – Excavation is the process of digging under the surface of the earth to find old objects.
(5) Archaeologists – People who explore and excavate the old objects made and used are called archaeologists.
(6) Historians – Historians are the scholars who study the past.
(7) Tributaries – Tributaries are smaller rivers that flow into a larger river.
Fill in the blanks :
(1) People have lived along the banks of river Narmada for several thousand years.
(2) The places where rice was first grown are to the north of the Vindhyas.
(3) Manuscripts were written on palm leaf.
(4) People who gathered their food are called gatherers.
(5) Travelling from one place to another led to sharing of ideas.
Write the correct answers :
(1) The Vindhyas is located in the central India.
(a) to the north west (b) to the south east
(c) to the north east (d) in the central India
(2) The name Bharata was used for a group of people who lived in the north west.
(a) group of animals (b) group of kingdom
(c) group of writings (d) group of people
(3) The kingdom of Magadha was located in the area along Ganga’s tributaries in the south of Ganga.
(a) in the Garo hill region (b) on the banks of vindhysas
(c) in the area along Ganga, (d) in the south of Indus
tributaries in the south of Ganga
(4) The years are counted with reference to the birth of Christ.
(a) the astrologers (b) the birth of Christ
(c) manuscript writers (d) Ganga river
(5) The Rigveda is the earliest composition in the Sanskrit language.
(a) The Ramayana (b) The Mahabharata
(c) The Rigveda (d) The Upanishadas
Mark the following on the given map :
(1) The Vindhyas (3) Sulaiman hills
(2) Garo hills (4) River Ganga (5) River Indus .