Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ’s)
(1) Henry the navigator was the Price of _____________ .
(a) Italy (b) Holland
(c) Portugal (d) Somolia
(2) The Columbian system of exchange was named after _____________ .
(a) Columbia (b) Colombo
(c) Columbus (d) Colonius
(3) In which year did Vasco da Gama reach Calicut in India ?
(a) 1498 (b) 1598
(c) 1298 (d) 1398
(4) The geographical discoveries led to the establishment of the Columbia system of __________ .
(a) Extrapolate (b) Exploration
(c) Exchange (d) Expunge
(5) Spanish explorations began during the role of King Ferdinand and ____________ .
(a) Queen Anne (b) Queen Margot
(c) Queen Isabella (d) Queen Annette
(6) The European country in the forefront of geographical discoveries was ____________ .
(a) England (b) France
(c) Portugal (d) Germany
(7) The printing press was invented in Germany during 15th century by __________ .
(a) Edmund Cartwright (b) John Guttenberg
(c) George (d) Vasco da Gama
(8) Constantinople fell into the hands of the Ottoman Turks in the year _________ .
(a) 1453 (b) 1492
(c) 1498 (d) 1466
(9) The European country which become famous as the “workshop of the world “was __________ .
(a) Japan (b) England
(c) Africa (d) Russia
(10) During the 15th century the first printing press was invented in ____________ .
(a) England (b) India
(c) Germany (d) England
(11) The explorer who proved that the earth is round by circumnavigating was __________ .
(a) Amerigo Vespucci (b) Bartholomew Dias
(c) Ferdinand Magellan (d) Vasco da Gama
(12) The Mediterranean and Baltic sea were used as commercial highway during the____________ .
(a) Ancient period (b) Medieval Ages
(c) Modern Age (d) Stone Age
(13) The silk route was one of the major routes used by the Arab merchants to carry out their trading activities with ____________ .
(a) Far Western countries (b) Far Southern countries
(c) Far Eastern countries (d) Far Western countries .
(14) Who landed at Calicut on 17th May 1498.
(a) Bartholomew Dias (b) Vasco da Gama
(c) Alfonso Albuquerque (d) Ferdinand
(15) What did the Spanish King Ferdinand provide to Christopher Columbus for exploitation.
(a) Ships (b) Maps
(c) Compass (d) Documents
1) c 2) c 3) a 4) b 5) c 6) c 7) b 8) a
9) b 10) c 11) c 12) b 13) c 14) b 15) a .