2.2 Text Questions :
Write the answer in one sentences :
1. What is Apartheid.
Ans : Racial discrimination practice in South Africa is called as Apartheid.
2. Who ruled South Africa till 1994.
Ans: The white touched rulers.
3. What is the full form of ANC.
Ans : African National Congress.
4. Who was the leader of ANC ( African National Congress) .
Ans : Nelson Mandela.
5. What did the ANC ( African National Congress ) do.
Ans : It laid the struggle against Apartheid.
6. Why was Nelson Mandela tried for treason.
Ans : He was tried for treason because he opposed the Apartheid rule.
7. For how many years was Nelson Mandela imprisoned.
Ans : Nelson Mandela was imprisoned for 28 Years.
8. Any two arguments for democracy.
(1) It is a more accountable form of government.
(2) Democracy enhances the dignity of citizens.
9. Which was South Africa’s most dreaded prisoner.
Ans : South Africa’s most dreaded prisoner was Robbin Island.
10. In which year did the Apartheid rule in South Africa end.
Ans : The Apartheid rule in South Africa ended in the year 1994.
11. Who became the first black President of South Africa and when.
Ans : Nelson Mandela in 1994 became the first black President of South Africa.
12. Why do the South Africans called themselves the “Rainbow Nation”
Ans : Now people of all race live in peace and harmony together.
13. What is the Constitution.
Ans : The Constitution is a set of rules and regulations accepted by all the people in the country.
14. Who first drafted a constitution for India.
Ans : Motilal Nehru and eight other Congress leaders in 1928 drafted a constitution for India.
15. Who did the final drafting of the Indian constitution.
Ans : The Constituent Assembly did the final drafting of the Indian Constitution.
16. How many participated in writing the Indian Constitution.
Ans : 299 members.
17. When did the Indian Constituents come into force.
Ans : On 26th January 1950.
18. How do we mark 26th January every year.
Ans : We celebrated 26th January as republic day.
19. Who were the 299 members elected to the constituent assembly.
Ans : Members from all religion of the country.
20. Who dominated the constituent assembly.
Ans : Indian National Congress (INC).
21. Who was the chairman of the drafting committee.
Ans : Dr. B. R Ambedkar.
22. Who wrote the book young India.
Ans : Mahatma Gandhi.
23. Who gave a famous speech to the constituent assembly on the eve of Independent.
Ans : Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
24. What are the values embedded in the preamble of the Indian constitution important.
Ans : They guide all the articles of the Indian constitution.
25. Why do we call India a republic.
Ans : The head of the state is an elected person.
26. What is fraternity.
Ans : Fraternity means all of us are member the same family (India) no one treats a fallow citizen as inferior.
Answer in two sentences :
1. India is a democratic republic. Explain.
(1) The head of the state is the elected person.
(2) People elect their representatives.
2. Why do we say India a secular country.
(1)There is no official religion.
(2) All religion beliefs and practices are treated with equal respect.
3. India is a sovereign country.Explain.
(1) People have the supreme right to make decisions .
(2) No external power can dictate terms to government of India.
4. Why is India called a socialist country.
(1) Wealth is generated socially.
(2) Wealth is shared equally by all the citizens.
5. Why is equality is a significant part of our constitution.
(1) All are equal before the law.
(2) Government ensures equal opportunities to all .