2.3  Additional Questions :

Answer the following questions :

1.  Why is representative democracy necessary? What is the need of representative democracy?
Ans:
i) modern democrats involve  a large number of the people and it is physically impossible  for them to sit  together and take collective  decision.
ii) Even if they sit together they don’t have time to take part  in all the decisions.

2.  What is “Representative Democracy”?
Ans:
Representative democracy means the people select their representative to the legislature. The decisions are taken by the majority. These representative makes the law and supervise the functioning of the government.

3.  What is true democracy ?
Ans:
True democracy Is based not on the principle of existing government but on ideal standard :
i) When no one goes hungry to bed.
ii) Every citizen must be able to play equal  role in decision .
iii) Every citizen needs to have equal information, basic education., equal resources  and a lot of commitment.

4.  Which was the most recorded famine in the world history?
Ans:
The famine  in china in 1958-1961  was the worst recorded famine in the world history.

5.   What did the power  the “legal framework order” give to Musharraf ?
Ans:

i) The President can dismiss the National and Provincial Assembles.
ii) The work of the civilian cabinet is supervised by the National  Security Council  which is  dominated  by military officers.

6.  Why is Democracy better than  any other form of  Government?
Ans:

i) It is better than any other form of government because it responds  to the needs of  the people.
ii) It is more accountable form of the government. Democracy is based on consultation and discussion.

7.  What does the word “Kratia” in Greek mean?
Ans:
In Greek Kratia means “Rule” .