2.4 Multiple Choice Questions :
1. During whose pleasure can the Attorney General hold office .
a) Speaker b) President c) Prime Minister d) Defence Minister .
2. Who is the Chairman of the Planning Commission .
a) The Prime Minister b) The Home Minister c) The Chief Minister d) The Defence Minister
3. Who is the formal head of state and the symbol of the Nation .
a) Prime Minister b) Speaker c) Vice President d) President .
4. Who is the Supreme Commander of the defence forces .
a) Defence Minister b) Speaker c) President d) Prime Minister.
5. Who carries out the actual functions of the government only with the aid and advice of the Prime Minister .
a) President b) Vice President c) Speaker d) Prime Minister .
6. Which Articles deal with the procedure for impeachment of the President of India .
a) Article 53 and 54 b) Article 56 and 61
c) Article 58 and 59 d) Article 55 and 56 .
7. Who exercises the real executive power in India .
a) President b) Prime Minister c) Vice President d) Speaker .
8. Who is the leader of the majority party in Parliament .
a) Vice President b) Speaker c) Prime Minister d) President .
9. What is the term of the President’s office .
a) Two years b) Three years c) Four years d) Five years .
10. Who can declare war or conclude peace in India subject to approval of the Parliament .
a) President b) Prime Minister c) Speaker d) Defence Minister .
11. Who administers the oath of office to the President .
a) The Chief Justice of India b) Law Minister c) Prime Minister d) Defence Minister .
12. Who is the real executive authority in India .
a) Prime Minister b) Vice President c) Home Minister d) President .
1. b) 2. a) 3. d) 4. c) 5. a) 6. b)
7. b) 8. c) 9. d) 10. a) 11. a) 12. d) .