4.1 Meanings /Short definitions :
1. Agriculture – Primary activity involving cultivation of crops, fruits, vegetables etc.
2. Subsistence Farming – Agriculture practiced only to meet the needs of farmer.
3. Nomadic Herding – Herdsmen moving from place to place with their animals.
4. Mixed Farming – Farming in which land is used for growing food and fodder crops.
5. Commercial Farming – Practice in which crops are grown exclusively for commercial purpose.
6. Food crops–Crops like rice, wheat, maize etc.
7. Fibre crops – Crops like jute and cotton.
8. Beverage crops – Crops like tea and coffee .
9. Mechanisation – Process of using machines more than human labour.