Write the correct answer :
1. In which year was the first five years plan implemented.
(a) 1950 (b) 1951 (c) 1952
Ans : 1952
2. Which is the term of every panchayat.
(a) 5 years (b) 6 years (c) 7 years
Ans : 5 years
3. Who appoints the state election commission .
(a) Chief Minister (b) Governor (c) Law minister
Ans : Governor
4. Who often pointed out that, India lives in its villages.
(a) Mahatma Gandhi (b) Nelson Mandela (c) Man Mohan Singh
Ans : Mahatma Gandhi
5. When was the first 5 years plan implemented in India.
(a) 1949 (b) 1951 (c) 1955
Ans : 1951
6. Who was the Prime Minister of India when the 72nd constitutional Amendment
bill was introduced in the parliament.
(a) Rajiv Gandhi (b) V.P Singh (c) P.V. Narasimha Rao
Ans : P.V. Narasimha Rao
Answer the following questions :
1. What are the Panchayati Raj institution in Indian contest known as.
Ans : Self governing rural local bodies.
2. What was the aim of establishing village panchayat.
Ans : The aim of establishing panchayats was to foster democratic participants to involve villages in the development effort and to ease the administration burden on the state.
3. What do we mean by democratic at the grass root level.
Ans : The people through their chosen representatives determine the local policies and execute their own program in conformity with the real requirements of the community this democracy at grass root level.
4. When was the community development programme started.
Ans : The community development programme was started in 1952 during the fruit five year plan.
5. What was the purpose of starting community development programme in 1952.
Ans : The purpose of starting community development programme was to create among the rural people and active interest in rational scheme of economic planning and social reconstruction.
6. Which Government introduced the 72nd constitutional amendment bill in the
parliament in September 1991.
Ans : The P.V. Narasimha Rao Government.
7. What was the purpose of introducing the 72nd constitutional Amendment bill in the parliament in September 1991.
Ans : The purpose was to strengthen the Panchayati Raj institutions in the country.
8. When was the 72nd constitutional amendment bill passed in the parliament .
Ans : The 72nd Constitutional Amendment bill was passed by the parliament as 73rd Amendment Act in 1992 which was notified by the central government through the official gazette on April 20 1993.
9. What was the foundation of the Panchayat Raj System.
Ans : The Gram Sabha.
10. What is the duration of the Panchayat bodies.
Ans : 5 years.
11. What is the minimum age to qualify for contesting election for the Panchayat Raj bodies.
Ans : 21 years.
12. How many seats are reserved for the women belonging to SC and ST .
Ans : Not less than one third seats.
13. How many seats are reserved for ST and SC and women at various officers.
Ans : Not less than one third .
14. Who sees to the elections to the panchayat.
Ans : The state election commission.
15. Who appoints the state election commission.
Ans : The Governor.
16. What were the early settlers of the villages in Goa called.
Ans : Gaunkars.
17. Who were the members of the communidades.
Ans : The members of the communidades include Zonaros, Aesocars and Gaunkars.
18. What was the second from of local government prior to liberation of Goa called.
Ans : The second of local govt. prior to the liberation of Goa was called ‘ Camara Municipals’.
Under each statement there are alternatives (A,B,C) are given. Select the most appropriate alternative and write :
(1) The European country in the forefront geographical discoveries was __________.
(a) England (b) France (c) Portugal
(2) The printing press was invented in Germany during the 15th century by _______.
(a) Edmund Cast Wright (b) John Guttenburg (c) George Stephenson.
(1) Portugal (2) John Guttenburg
Answer the following in one sentence :
(1) Who supported the capitalists during the industrial revolution.
Ans : The Government.
(2) Where was the first continental congress convened in 1774.
Ans : Philadelphia.