- What relationship did Jumman and Algu have with each other?
Ans : Jumman and Algu were the best of friends.When Algu as a head panch gave the decision in favour of Jumman’s aunt, he became Jumman’s enemy. When it was Algu’s case and Jumman became the head panch and instead of taking revenge he gave good justice to Algu. Then they became friends again.
- How was the aunt treated by Jumman and his wife?
Ans : Jumman’s aunt had transferred her property to Jumman in the promise that he would support her. But Jumman’s wife insulted the aunt and gave her less food. Now they were tired of her .
- How did the aunt finally get justice?
Ans : She approached the village panchayat and presented her sufferings. She had full faith in Algu and so she named him as the head panch. Algu ignored his friendship with Jumman and gave the case in favour of the aunt.
- How were the decisions made by Jumman and Algu as head panch?
Ans : Algu told Jumman that he should pay his aunt a monthly allowance or transfer her property to her. Jumman told Algu that Sahu should pay Algu the price of the bullock
5 . Complete the sentences:-
- The aunt wanted a monthly allowance so that ———————————-
- The aunt told Algu to come to the Panchayat and —————————.
- God lives in ——————– and his voice is ——————-.
- Sahu proposed the name of Jumman as head panch because ——–.
- Jumman and Algu became enemies because ——-.
- They became friends in the end because —-
- A Panch has —— he knows only justice.
- Sahu did not pay the money to Algu for his bullock because ——
- The panchayat was held under ——–
- The aunt transferred the property to Jumman with the promise ——–
- The aunt wanted a monthly allowance so that she can set up a separate kitchen.
- The aunt told Algu to come to the Panchayat and speak the truth.
- God lives in the heart of the Panch and his voice is the voice of God.
- Sahu proposed the name of Jumman as head panch because both Jumman andAlgu had become enemies.
- Jumman and Algu became enemies because Algu gave the justice in favour of theaunt.
- They became friends in the end because Jumman as head panch gave the verdictin favour of Algu.
- A Panch has no friends or enemies he knows only justice.
- Sahu did not pay the money to Algu for his bullock because the bullock had diedwithin a month after buying it.
- The panchayat was held under the old banyan tree.
- The aunt transferred the property to Jumman with the promise that he would allowher to stay and he would look after her.