- How did Kezia speak in the presence of her father, Kezia?
Ans. In the presence of her father, Kezia stuttered while speaking because she would try to say the words properly.
- Why does Kezia think her father as a giant?
Ans. Kezia thought her father as a giant because of his body structure was as frightening to her as a giant in the children’s stories.
- Why was Kezia beaten?
Ans. Kezia was beaten by her father because she had torn his speech on the Port Authority. Her father wanted to teach her not to touch anything that doesn’t belong to her.
- How does Kezia feel when her father comforts her when she had a nightmare?
Ans. Kezia feels happy and safe. She comes to know her father as a kind, loving person with a big heart.
Complete The Following Sentences.
- There was a glad sense of relief when she heard the noise of carriage growing fainter.
- You must be taught once and for all not to touch what does not belong to you.
- I tried to explain to father but he was too upset to listen tonight.
- The little girl always found mother reading and father stretched out on the sofa.