ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS:
1. Where was the author flying his old Dakota ?
Ans: The author was flying his old Dakota aeroplane over France back to England.
2. How far was Paris when he saw the storm clouds ?
Ans: Paris was 150 kilometres behind when he saw the storm clouds.
3. Why did the narrator could not fly up and over the clouds ?
Ans: The narrator did not have enough fuel to fly around them to the north or south.
Complete the following sentences:
1. It had no lights on its way, but I could see it flying next to me through the storm.
2. I went and asked a woman in the control centre where I was and who the pilot was.
3. I came out of the clouds and saw two long straight lines in front of me.
4. I was dreaming of my holiday and looking forward to being with my family.