Working with the text:-
A. Answer the following questions;_
- Peter’s favourite day of the week is Sunday because——-
- Nasir wants to learn ——-.
- Dolma believes that she can make a good Prime Minister because ——.
- Peter’s favourite day of the week is Sunday because the whole family goes to the cinema hall to watch a film.
- Nasir wants to learn how to preserve seeds so that we can use them again instead of spending money every year.
- Dolma believes that she can make a good Prime Minister because everyone in her class asks her what to do if there is a problem and her teacher also trusts her when something needs to be done in the school.
B. Write True or False against each of the following statements:-
- Peter is an only child.
- When Serbjit gets angry he shouts at people.
- Nasir lives in the city.
- Radha’s mother enjoys doing things with her.
- 2. False3. False 4. True.
Working with the text:
Fill in the blanks to name the different kinds of intelligence. One has been done for you.
When I enjoy listening to people and solving their problems I use my interpersonal intelligence.
(i) When I enjoy dancing or physical activity, I use my —– intelligence.
(ii) When I enjoy looking at maps and examining pictures I use my —- intelligence
(iii) When I enjoy working with numbers and solving maths problems I use my —— intelligence.
(iv) When I enjoy telling a story or arguing, I use my ——- intelligence.
- Bodily (ii) visual (iii) mathematical (iv) verbal.
Working with language:
Match the job on the left with its description on the right:-
(i) Navigator —- (a) advises people what to do about jobs, personal problems etc
(ii) Architect — (b)works in politics, usually by standing for election.
(iii) Politician — ( c) Finds and monitors the route to get to a place, or the direction of travel.
(iv) Engineer —– (d) reports on recent news for newspaper, radio or T.V.
(v) Computer programmer — (e) plans the design of a building, town or city.
(vi) Athlete — (f) controls and puts together a programme of music.
(vii) Disc jockey —- (g) works in sports or activities such as running, jumping etc
(viii) Composer —— (h) designs and builds things like roads, bridges or engines.
(ix) Counsellor —— (i) makes up notes to create music.
(x) Journalist —– (j) designs the system by which a computer runs or gives information.
(i) Navigators — (c) finds and monitors the route to get to a place, or the direction of travel.
(ii) Architect —- (e) plans the design of a building, town or city.
(iii) Politician —- (b) works in politics, usually by standing for election.
(iv) Engineer —- (h) designs and build things like roads, bridges or engines.
(v)Computer programmer — (j) designs the system by which a computer runs or gives information.
(vi) Athlete —- (g) works in sports of activities such as running, jumping etc
(vii) Disc jockey — (f) controls and puts together a programme of music.
(viii) Composer — (i) makes up notes to create music.
(ix) Counsellor — (a) advises people what to do about jobs, personal problems etc
(x) Journalist — (d) reports on recent news for newspaper, radio or T.V.
Write a paragraph about yourself so that people who read it will get to know you better. You could write about yourself from any point of view or choose one of the following topics;
- What I enjoy doing most.
- What makes me angry.
- What I hate to do
- What I want to become.
(Remember to give a reason or details of what you write about, so that anyone reading it will understand you better)
After you have finished your paragraph affix your photo on the sheet and display is on the wall. Read each other’s paragraphs. Did you understand someone else better after you had read what he /she wrote?
I enjoy being alone and at peace with myself. When I get up in the morning, I go to the garden in my house and sit there relaxing listening to some soothing music on my mobile phone. As I walk to school, I enjoy the beautiful scenery all around and can hear the birds chirping on the trees. The morning breeze gives me a sense of refreshing mind to go to school and study. In the evening when it is nearing night time , I look at the stars in the sky and marvel at God’s creation.
Yes, the notes on the wall helped me to understand my friends better after I read what they wrote
- Why does Radha’s mother tell her that it is not suitable for girls to climb trees? Find points to agree with Radha or her mother?
Plan what you will say by making notes like this:
- Girls should be able to climb trees if they wish
- Girls should not be allowed to climb trees:
Now divide the class into two groups. Present to the rest of the class the opinion of Radha who thinks there is no harm in girls climbing trees and of her mother who thinks girls should not do this.
- Girls should be able to climb trees if they wish:
- It gives them a sense of joy to climb trees.
- It is a sort of sporting activity and good for the muscles.
- It overcome fear while climbing trees.
- Girls should not be allowed to climb trees
- They will get hurt if they fall down.
- Their hands will get scratched while climbing.
- Girls are delicate in stature.