(1) Who drafted the declaration of American Independence?
Ans : Thomas Jefferson drafted the declaration of American Independence.
(2) What did the colonist declare at the first Continental Congress of 1774?
Ans : The colonists declared their right of life, liberty and property at the First Continental Congress in 1774.
(3) Which event in the history of America became famous as the “Boston Tea Party”?
(1) In 1773, the British Parliament passed the “Tea Act” which gave the East India Company the right to carry on tea trade with colonies but the colonial people did not want this action.
(2) When a British ship loaded with tea boxes were anchored in the Boston harbour, a group of colonists dressed as Red Indians entered the ship and threw away the tea boxes into the sea. This became famous as the Boston Tea Party.
(4) What did Thomas Jefferson state in the ‘Declaration of Independence”?
(1) Thomas Jefferson drafted the Declaration of Independence on 4th July 1776.
(2) He stated the basic principles of democracy such as, the right of the people to liberate themselves from a tyrannical government.
(3) The government should be based on the consent of the people whom they govern.
(5) How can a Nation State be defined as a sovereign state?
Ans : A Nation State can be defined as a sovereign state:
(1) Where the citizens are united by geographical linguistic and the culturist factors which develop a sense of unity and identity among them.
(2) It also adds the feature of nationalism or the sense of unity created by the common historical and cultural background.
(6) What is the significance of the American Revolution on modern democracies?
(1) The American Revolution strengthened the idea of the Right of Revolution.
(2) The victory of the American Revolution influenced other movements around the world.